Friday, April 11, 2008

Brian Saunders Place In Greece

Lezione del 10 Aprile

For those absent and those present to make a riassuntino of the topics covered in class.
  • Review and analysis of Conditionals I, II and III grade and exercises # 1 and 2 (for home), 3 and 4 (made in class) photocopies of the book Network 3!, Chapter 6.
  • exercises done in class on the hypothetical sentence from the book Espresso 2 and 3.
  • The hypothetical period in the transition from direct to indirect speech, when the main clause is a declarative verb in the past.

proofreading

Laura said / she said: 1. " If you smoke you get sick"

2. "If you smoked you sick,"

3. " If I smoked I'd be sick "

The indirect discourse for the three cases becomes:

Laura said / she said that if I smoked I would ill.

This happens unless the introductory verb is not related to the present or future.

Example:

Laura says: "If I had time travel"

Laura said that if he would travel time (the word refers to the present)

Laura said that if he had time he would travel (the verb refers to the past)

  • Passing from indirect to direct discourse with the principal to the past, but by the action of direct speech is not yet complete, or when the effects of the action are still present.

The case Silvia told me "I'll definitely at your party Saturday night."

Silvia told me that he will definitely to my party on Saturday evening. (Not yet Saturday)

The case Mara said (recently): "I'm fine"

Mara said it is fine (still not well when talking about his words)

  • quick review of the indefinite (adjectives and pronouns) to be completed in the next lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment